We are Data Science UA, and we are a fast-growing IT service company. We are proud of developing the Data Science community in Ukraine for more than 6 years. Data Science UA unites all researchers, engineers, and developers around Data Science and related areas. We conduct events on machine learning, computer vision, intelligence, information science, and the use of artificial intelligence for business in various fields.
About the team:
At the core of any sales organization is the ability to know what to do, when to do it, and who should be performing the activities that lead to successful customer engagement. The Orchestration Services Team’s mission is to build the microservices powering the workflow and account executive tools experiences. Our team works specifically on sequences (sequential workflows, triggers (IFTT for sales domain), rulesets (guardrails for sequences), and tasks (what/when/who to engage the customer). We are architecting our systems from the ground up to achieve the next level of scale, as we are doubling each year. The fundamental challenges are helping users develop new tasks, flows, and assembling them into more advanced workflows, all while keeping the system reliable and scalable. Customers need insight into why something happened or why it didn’t, we need to see who they’re reaching and how often, and we need to understand what takes them a step closer to increase our chances of success.
We are looking for an experienced backend Senior Software Engineer who can deep-dive on challenging technical problems, build scalable solutions and identify performance bottlenecks, iterate quickly, and deliver incremental value. You should be willing to work with and mentor other team members and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with building distributed systems with a cloud service-oriented architecture.
- Preference for at least 7 years of experience in the software engineering industry.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience building and consuming services and APIs in a cloud environment.
- Familiar with continuous deployment environments.
- Go above and beyond to help your team.
- You embody their core values: We are hungry craftspeople, they have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion.
- Building backend services and sync worker processes via a modern microservices stack (our legacy code is written in Ruby, but we are migrating our new architecture to Golang; they have data stores built on Redis, MySQL, and S3; we are transitioning their data loading layer to use GraphQL, Apollo client and GRPC services).
- Identify the critical details and prioritize incremental delivery.
- Design and deliver great solutions.
- Respond to changing requirements efficiently and responsibly, comfortable with complex systems and ambiguity.
- Helping us build customer trust by keeping the quality bar high and delivering well-tested code.
- Continuous improvement in tech and software processes and practices, working to up-level our craft.
- Break down existing systems using an SOA/DDD approach.
- Own features all the way through.
- Quickly start contributing.
- Competitive salary and perks; annual satisfaction survey and performance review.
- Paid vacation and 100% paid sick leaves.
- Work in a creative friendly environment using cutting-edge technologies.
- Technical and product leadership opportunities.