As a Senior developer experience engineer, you will join the Platform Engineering team of one of our largest fintech projects and will be engaged in optimization and improvement of development processes and building a unique internal product for your final customers — a top-notch team of 250+ engineers. You will hold the ownership of a fully innovative product with all the responsibilities and opportunities, and possess autonomy in exploring the cutting-edge technologies to build a solution to measurably improve the lives of engineers by automating away all manual processes required from code to delivery. You will utilize your extensive background building, deploying, and delivering products end-to-end. Also you will focus on consistently delighting PitchBook customers through the reliability, quality, and delivery speed of our products.
You will target both hands-on work identifying delivery technologies, building pipelines, digging deep into our infrastructure and cloud deployments, and broad strategizing in engineering operations, practices, and standards across the organization, working closely with engineering leadership.
About the project
PitchBook — the ecosystem for investment professionals (US, since 2016 — an autonomous business in the Morningstar company) of more than 150 services for the collection, processing, analysis and visualisation of financial data. We’ve been cooperating with the client from the very beginning of product creation — since 2007 — starting from a pilot and a small project team, and later turned into its main partner for full-cycle tech development. Our software provides access to data and analytical tools to get answers fast and discover promising opportunities, uncovers actionable insights and trends hidden within the financial data of more than three million companies. Users all over the world include large corporations, start-ups, venture capital and private equity firms, investment banks, and many others.
Features of PitchBook platform: Advanced search / Discovery & insights / Company profiles / Workflow & efficiency / Many more.
As a part of SPD Group, we provide software engineering and product development services for clients worldwide—the USA, Israel, UK, and EU. Our world-class team of 600+ engineers deliver Web, Mobile, AI/ML or Enterprise solutions to a wide range of business domains, such as FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, LegalTech, InsurTech, HRTech, Cybersecurity, etc. Our key clients are world-renowned iconic brands such as Poynt, PitchBook, MorningStar, PieInsurance. Ten of our clients report more than $100 million in annual revenue.
Headquartered in London, UK and with development centers in Kyiv, Lviv, Cherkasy, Ukraine, SPD Group aims to impact the lives of millions by revealing great tech idea and potential. We do not cooperate with companies from russia and belarus.
We are looking for a person who has:
- Extensive experience in software development, preferably in Java/Node.JS. Solid understanding of programming best practices and principles, common software architectures and methods.
- Good knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, network protocols.
- Solid experience in DevOps, Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), and GitOps configuration & CI/CD pipelines, including Flux/ArgoCD, Terraform, Puppet/Chef, Gitlab CI/Github Actions, or similar tools.
- Background in system administration, infrastructure management or HA solutions, including web services, messaging solutions (Kafka, RabbitMQ), databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server), and caching solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You can effectively read the situation and adjust your communication style to the audience.
Sounds like you? Here are some of what you’ll be doing:
- Own engineering operations strategies, practices, and standards across the organization, working closely with engineering leadership.
- Evangelize and organize PitchBook’s DevOps culture, integrating product and engineering with operations seamlessly through structure, collaboration, enablement, and automation.
- Devise solutions that optimize and accelerate the SDLC while maintaining exceptional quality and security, repeatedly applied through automation.
- Help development teams to manage infrastructure, including cloud managed services, base images, containerization strategy and execution, infrastructure automation (+ GitOps), cloud procurement, and governance.
- Manage developer experience (DevEx), including developer productivity, SDLC and operational metrics, automated CI/CD pipelines, value stream management and tracking, tool selection and integration.
- Describe technical context in intuitive ways for different audiences, adapting communication from highly technical deep dives with engineers to non-technical dialogue with executive stakeholders.
- Learn constantly, including in available managed services (PaaS/SaaS/IaaS), libraries, frameworks, and platforms (commercial and open source), pros/cons and cost/benefit tradeoffs.
- Follow the company’s application of Agile, Lean, and principles of fast flow to engineering department efficiency and productivity, and owns operations’ role in process automation to achieve fluidity.
Team Structure: 1 Lead and 3 specialists with You
Schedule: flexible (with the need to attend team meetings)
- Pre-screening Interview
- Technical Interview
- Client Interview
- Medical Insurance yearly budget to obtain insurance plan in Ukraine / financial reimbursement of expenses on medical services outside Ukraine;
- 20 business days of paid vacation, unlimited sick leave, 4 days of emergency leave.
- Sports program: 50% reimbursement for gym, sports events and equipment, massage services within budget limit.
- Wellbeing program: individual consultations with professional psychologists, psychiatrists and coaches.
- Budget for personal learnings, conferences, certifications, courses, subscriptions etc. and language classes (Ukrainian, English).
- Family events presents and financial help in emergency cases.
If you love building customer-centric solutions, strive for excellence, are adaptable and focused, and want to see the impact of your work every day, come join us! We look forward to hearing ’hi’ from you 🙂