We are Data Science UA, and we are developing a Data Science community in Ukraine. Data Science UA unites all researchers, engineers, and developers around Data Science and related areas. We conduct events on machine learning, computer vision, intelligence, information science, and the use of artificial intelligence for business in various fields. We are helping one of our clients to build an R& D team in Ukraine and hire the best talents for one of the top Sales platforms with AI assistants.
About the role:
Making and receiving voice calls are key components of our client’s product offering. The company’s customers complete many calls with their prospects on our voice platform on a daily basis. The Voice Services team is hiring software engineers to increase the momentum in this space. If you have experience in building high-availability voice communication systems with open-source real-time communication software and commercial communications platform APIs, we’d love to talk to you about this opportunity. Real-time system development is a little different from other web development. The features we build are inherently heavy on state, complex in workflow, and include extensive third-party integrations. You’ll have to be creative, build on top of a lot of existing technology, and stay focused on the company’s core value proposition of revenue efficiency. You’ll be building systems to ensure calling is simple, reliable, and crystal clear; so that our customers can reduce the time on clicking around or performing repetitive actions and focus on what matters most — interacting with their prospects.
- 6 + years of experience building back-end services and shipping production quality code in Java, Go or C++, along with strong software engineering skills.
- Proven technical and project leadership skills and able to guide and mentor others.
- Experience with cloud-based service applications and continuous-deployment projects.
- Willing to go above and beyond to help other team members.
- Ability to prioritize details along a path of iterative delivery.
- Ability to quickly ramp up new technologies and start contributing.
- Experience with diagnosing real-time media quality issues (plus).
- Experience with VoIP, specifically using WebRTC and SIP to facilitate real-time communication between users and with phone numbers across the globe (plus).
- Working with commercial CPaaS APIs and open-source real-time communication software to manage calls, messages, and security.
- Finding ways to engineer high availability into a system that has lots of moving parts, not all of which are directly under your control.
- Working with stakeholders to make sure our customers have the tools they need to be successful on our platform.
- Finding quick ways to prototype and test possible solutions to large problems.
- Looking up and down the stack for the best return on investment for any given pain point.
- Working on one of the most visible parts of the company’s product — to both our customers and the rest of our organization.